Friday, March 14, 2014

Special needs swimming

Moving to Brampton a first it was really hard I found out Gabriel was special needs. They said he would be able to attend camp. It was last chance to hang out with friend in Mississauga before the move. The flyer said integrated when I paid I asked staff it would be fine. Well they then told me day before I had to either pay $300 for respite or withdraw from class and explain to my kids why. I had third alternative was I paid to go to camp with my son. SO I went to camp. But one thing I found out since moving to Brampton they actually have special needs camp WOOT WOOT. I don't need to apply for funding through community living I do not need to attend. There is respite code so he can attends any program not just special needs Camp. I did swim and explore  only cost me $50 for ten session that were three hours each. I was first camp he attended by self and he loved it. He my little water baby. We played at wading pool at city hall during summer and  I just knew he loved the water. It was great experience. It weird to think different cities have huge difference in levels of support.  http://www.brampton.ca/EN/residents/recreational-Activities/Pages/Special-Needs.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment